Saturday, May 29, 2010

Flowers. Babies, and Gingerbread Men.

For the past few months the theme on my iGoogle page has been a wedding theme, so a few weeks ago I decided since that was a bit outdated, I should change my theme to something new. I found an Anne Geddes flower theme and thought it was cute so I set it as my theme. If you don't know who Anne Geddes is, she is a famous baby photographer who takes pictures of babies, usually in costumes or interesting scenes.

I was on my iGoogle page one day and Daniel saw one of the flower babies and got super freaked out saying that it was creepy(it was not creepy, babies and flowers are not creepy). In hopes to prove that Anne Geddes' pictures were NOT creepy, I searched out more pictures to show to Daniel. After seeing more pictures, he was even more freaked out, claiming this lady was crazy because she "Stole newborn babies, washed them off and stuck them in a flower!" Most of the babies do look fairly young, but I'm sure she didn't steal them, and she probably had the doctor wash them off. I was determined to find a picture he thought was cute(the pumpkin babies fared pretty well), when I came across this:



That is an Asian baby, dressed as a gingerbread man!!!!! As many of you know, one of my life goals is to acquire an Asian baby, and after I saw this picture, I wanted one dressed as a gingerbread man. For days I have been bugging Daniel to bring me home an Asian gingerbread baby when he came home from work. To my dismay, the gingerbread baby never came.

Daniel and I sometimes e-mail each other while he is at work, since he can't really have his phone and he is at the computer a lot during his downtime. After sending him a picture of a pygmy marmoset (they are cute and I am random), he told me that he had something for me, and sent me this:


My very own Asian gingerbread baby! It made me laugh so hard I nearly forgot that I had requested a real one.

2 comments:

Nicholle said...

you're so funny. I noticed the other day that you left your babies that you rescued at Mom's house!

Unknown said...

"acquire an asian baby" ? acquire? really?