Tuesday, May 25, 2010

If you need a thank you so bad....

You can have your present back!

Who came up with the concept of a thank you card anyway!? Granted we have thank you cards, cute ones at that, and we will send them at some point, but honestly I should not be pestered to get my thank you cards out! If you came to my reception, you saw me, I hugged you, I said thank you in person. We had a beautiful spread of food for you to eat. Is that not thanks enough? You want a cold meaningless piece of paper? Really? I don't think I will ever understand thank you cards, if it were up to me, I wouldn't send them at all. If you are so desperate for that meaningless piece of paper, really, you can have your present back. I'm appreciative, I already said that, and aren't the best presents the kind that you don't expect a thank you in return?  Something you were happy to give and the knowledge that you helped someone should be thanks enough. Isn't that the point of gifts? To give and not receive? Apparently not, because I have a giant stack of cards that must mean otherwise. People annoy me. I'm done with my rant. Thank you.

4 comments:

Savanna Landrum said...

BAHAHA. You are crazy. I love you.

Nicholle said...

Hee, hee I too thought mass thank you notes were very impersonal, but a lot of older people get offended when they don't get one. Sigh, by the time we are grandparents maybe it won't matter so much.

Kiki said...

I took the time to personalize mine, and I got a lot of nice compliments on it. It was a lot of work, though.

Sam said...

I agree with you Bex. It's sad that someone has to make a big deal about not getting a thank you note. Granted, I'm not against sending thank you notes, but they can be a bit of a hassle and if you say thanks in person, then I say thats enough.