Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Parasite and The Penguin

Parasite- n. An organism that grows, feeds, and is sheltered on or in a different organism while contributing nothing to the survival of its host.

Well, it looks like I have a parasite. Luckily after mine is due to exude itself approximately May 4th. In other words, I'm pregnant. Babies really are parasites though, most people just don't think of them that way.

While Daniel and I were on our honeymoon, we spent a day at Sea World. While we were there, we made a point to see the penguins, Daniel's favorite animal. It was there, at the penguin exhibit, that Daniel informed me  he wanted one penguin for every child that we had.  So, when I had my suspicious that I was pregnant, I came up with a plan. I stopped at Wal-Mart after work, bought a pregnancy test and large penguin toy (it resembles a giant Weebl, and has colorful plastic balls in it's stomach). I came home, hid the penguin in my trunk, and sneakily took the test. When it was positive I told Daniel to go find a surprise I had for him in my trunk. He claimed he was scared and made me walk out to the car with him. As he opened the trunk and saw the penguin, he got excited and started hugging the box. He was so exciting screaming "A penguin!" I then said to him "do you know why I got you a penguin?" With a slight confused face he told me no. It was then I broke the news, "It's because you want a penguin for every child we have." An even more excited look came on his face. He then proceeded to stop hugging the box and start hugging me.

The penguin is now happily living in our living room, and Daniel loves it. The fact that it is a baby toy is also pretty convenient.

3 comments:

Kiki said...

Congratulations girl! I sort of already knew before this post, because Tim told me, but I just decided not to say anything until you actually announced it. I wouldn't want to be the one to announce something like that, you know? I hope things go well for you and that you'll let me know when the baby shower is so I can get you something!

Melinda said...

Cute.

Nicholle said...

Cute way to tell him. Mr. Penguin was Enoch's favorite toy when he was a baby. He is like a Weeble too, and his bottom comes off. Ooo ooo, I can do a baby shower :).