Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Crazy Much?

You know how sometimes when watching TV or a movie and some things are just so overexaggerated, that you are thinking "PUH-LEASE!" in your head the whole time? In the past I have had this thought about the way pregnant people are portrayed in the media. Now going through this I almost feel as though they have UNDERexaggerated how crazy the women act. I'm sure some woman stay relatively sane throughout their pregnancy. The hormones may not have as great as an effect on those women for some reason or another. Let me tell you right now, I am not one of those woman. During the few points in the day when I'm feeling fairly sane, such as right now, I realize how manic I am. I have threatened to kill Daniel at least a hundred times (I don't mean it, I promise, don't turn me into the police or anything). Bawled my eyes out over some of the most ridiculous things ever, and yet been perfectly okay with some things that should upset me. Yelling, Crying, Screaming, Laughing all within minutes of each other. I've thrown temper tantrums; I've thrown games pieces. No sane person should act like this. Daniel takes it all pretty well, occasionally I can tell he is a bit frustrated, but who wouldn't be when you are married to someone that could qualify to be in a nut house? Im grateful for him, and all the women who are willing to go through this, and much more, to bring children into the world.

3 comments:

Kiki said...

Darling, I think you are lucky to have such an understanding husband. Just hope that the manic doesn't last long so he doesn't lose patience. I'm sure that this post isn't funny to you now, but hopefully it will be sometime, because it got a giggle or two out of me.

Sam said...

Hmmmm... a lot of what you are saying sounds familiar to me. Maybe you are related to my wife!

Melinda said...

I cried all the time when I was pregnant and I needed sleep. I would say "I am just SO tired" and Sam couldn't figure out why I wouldn't just go to bed.

We could also get into the Monopoly game episode.

However, whatever Sam tells you. I was normal most of the time.