Wednesday, September 1, 2010

It feels good...

To write again! I used to write poetry all the time, but I've been in quite the writing slump lately. However, last week I wrote a poem, and it felt so awesome! I thought I would share.

Getting Back
By: Rebecca Spencer

I haven't been writing lately,
And I can't really tell you why,
But it feels good to get back to it,
Like filling holes from deep inside.

My poetry is a part of me,
And I almost let it slip away,
I'm not sure what inspired me,
But I am grateful anyway.

I may never be a master poet,
Only a few may read my words,
I'm happy just writing for myself,
Even if my rhymes remain unheard.

It's nice seeing scribbles on pages,
Where I have changed my mind,
Decided words just didn't fit,
Or thought of a better rhyme.

It's great just putting pen to paper,
Knowing this is a talent I possess,
It may not be beautiful or extravagant,
Though I still feel I've been blessed.

I have missed writing poetry,
It helps to keep me sane,
Express the things I'm feeling,
And helps me clean my brain.

I haven't been writing lately,
And I can't really tell you why,
But I'm not letting go this time,
Poetry is part of my life.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Thanks for sharing. :)