Monday, June 6, 2011

Without You

Juliet has been a bit of a fussy girl the past few nights, because of that I was inspired to write this poem. Enjoy! (I know I did, I cried writing the last part, the good tears).


It’s six o’clock in the morning,
And I have been up with you since two,
Times like this I try to remember,
What life was like without you.

I got a shower nearly every day,
I would match my outfit with my shoes,
 And my hair was almost always cute,
Since I had the time to lose.

My apartment was much more tidy,
Dinner was a much more extravagant faire,
I remembered to wear my apron,
And much less gunk ended up in my hair.

I spent less time in my pajamas,
I always took my time getting dressed,
Searching for that perfect top,
To compliment my then much smaller chest.

I did crazy things like skydive,
I spent much more time with friends,
I went shopping because it was relaxing,
Plus I had more money to spend.

Back then I had time to myself,
I even think I was more smart,
But I didn’t have those deep blue eyes,
That always melt my heart.

I didn’t have a mother’s love,
My heart was much more mean,
Because I hadn’t met the prettiest little girl,
That I have ever seen.

I didn’t have that toothless grin,
To warm me to my soul,
Or those perfect little baby cuddles,
For when I feel I’ve lost control.
  
I didn’t have that adoring face,
That can tell I’m her mom,
That beautiful little baby girl,
Who wants me when things go wrong.

It’s now six-thirty in the morning,
And I have been up with you since two,
Times like this I start to wonder,
How I ever lived without you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so talented! It took all my self control to not cry! Juliet has such a sweet mommy!

Melinda said...

Beautiful. You will want to put that in her remembrance book, so she can read it too.

Nicholle said...

Beautiful. Sometimes I need to be reminded of such things, made me cry too! Love you sweet Mommy.

Savanna Landrum said...

That was so sweet! I'm excited your a mommy now and I love that little bug.