Saturday, February 5, 2011

Calling all readers.

For those of you who know me well, you likely know that I like to cook. If you are aware of this fact, you may also be aware of the fact I tend to be more of a recipe creator, or at the very least recipe modifier, than a recipe follower. One problem that comes with this is that I never write anything down. If I want to recreate something I have made previously, I have to rely on memory. This isn't so bad, because I can usually make my recreations pretty similar to the original product, but in an attempt to be a more organized cook I have thought of an interesting option: Start blogging my recipes.

If I start to blog recipes, I will be forced to start writing things down, helping me better recreate them in the future. What I am asking for from you, my blog readers (however many of you there may be) is to vote in the poll I created. Would you be interested in knowing my recipes? If so, how should I go about posting them? If your option is not in the poll, feel free to leave a comment on this post stating what you think would be the most viable option.

Just a little FYI, If recipes do begin to be posted, by whichever option, the first entry will be Butternut Squash Ravioli. I made it last month, and I am going to make it again this month, it was quite the hit with Daniel, and I never say no to squash.

5 comments:

TheDooleys4 said...

We could also do a community blog where whoever would like to be in could join and share their recipes too. A cousins recipe blog maybe?.....Just food for thought. Regardless, please share your recipes Beck. I love to get new ideas for dinner.:)

_ said...

That sounds like a great idea, mum. It would help me get some variety in my diet when I move out. *Nods*
Whatever you end up doing, I'll probably end up making one or two of them.

Nicholle said...

Ooo, a food blog might be fun, though no one probably wants my recipes,

Savanna Landrum said...

I've known many a blogger who makes a different blog for their passion such as crafting or running or whatnot. More often than not they end up giving up on or neglecting one blog or the other. I think if you put your recipes on this blog it will inspire you to put other things on here to to make a super-blog! Such is my experience.

Uraina/mom said...

put them on thsis blog